It’s fair to say bath bombs have become somewhat of a craze in the last decade, being seen as the ultimate remedy to a long hard day. Nowadays, most customers can’t use bath bombs without letting social media know they’re using a bath bomb. All it takes is one “#bathbomb” on Instagram or Facebook and your feed is filled with them.
Aside from people purchasing bath bombs due to their shear popularity, there are also many health benefits that people admire and that’s also a huge part of why we use them.
CBD Bath Bomb Benefits
With CBD products being fairly new to the skin care market, people are unaware of the potential benefits. Below, we’ve listed some of the main benefits of CBD bath bombs and CBD topical lotion which you should consider:
- CBD is an anti-inflammatory, therefore soaking in a CBD bath bomb will help fight against any inflammation.
- CBD bath bombs also target dry and ageing skin, meaning you can look younger and healthier after a bath.
- There are properties within CBD linking it to improved relaxation. After a busy day this might be just what you need.
- CBD enhances your serotonin levels. Serotonin is linked to your behaviour, your anxiety levels and your overall mood, the higher your level of serotonin, the better you will feel.
- Targets muscle aches and pains.
- Improves overall skin health.
How To Use a Hemp Bath Bomb
Hemp bath bombs come with their own dosages. Typically, the dosage can range between 25mg – 100mg. For those with little to no experience with using CBD bath bombs, it’s recommended to start with a lower dosage before working your way up if need be. Note that higher dosages can be more expensive.
Before entering the bathtub yourself, fill it up to where you feel most comfortable, at the right temperature. Place the bath bomb into the water and allow it to dissolve.
Once the bath bomb has dissolved, enter the bath tub and spend around 20 minutes soaking in the bath with the chemicals. This will allow you to experience the benefits both whilst in the bath and also the post-bath benefits. Due to the chemicals in the bath bombs, avoid drinking any of the water and also keep it away from your eyes.
If you do experience any unusual side effects then consult with your healthcare professional as it may be the case you’re allergic to CBD bath bombs and therefore should avoid using them in the future.
Are Hemp Bath Bombs Safe?
As far as research suggests, hemp bath bombs are safe to use. Despite being derived from cannabis plants, they do not include the compound needed to get you to feel “high”. The chemical compound that makes you have psychoactive changes is called THC, which is illegal unless the dosage is below 0.3%. Some legal products do contain THC so be sure to check the label.