Don’t you find it difficult to track issues in the system? A small glitch in the business can sometimes lead to a huge loss if not handled properly. The SharePoint issue tracking feature is specifically for such situations.
It is crucial to be aware of the issues to address them immediately and provide a great experience. We will be looking at the SharePoint issue tracking app features and functionalities. The tool comes in handy for a business that defines and categorizes the problems.
What is a SharePoint tracker of issues?
The App can be customized to meet your requirements. SharePoint has robust document management capabilities as it has a centralized place to store information. You just require a simple configuration to update the site and improve its performance.
The three unique features that make it stand out are:
- SharePoint issues have a comment field to run history on. It is used to capture the progress, troubleshooting, results, additional requests, and more. The comments also have a timestamp and the name of the person.
- The issues can be categorized based on their properties. This makes it easier for users to view, report, and summarize the problems.
- Tracking related issues with the help of a SharePoint tracking list will make the process of managing problems and identifying trends effortless. Tracking an individual service and providing a solution increases the productivity of your business.
How to set up the SharePoint Issue Tracking app?
Setting up your SharePoint trackerapp should be effortless and perfect to resolve the issues. Just make sure you follow the process precisely:
- Redirect to SharePoint environment
- Click on the Gear Icon and then Add an app
- Under this section, look for the App named Issue Tracking and click on it
- In the Adding Issue Tracking, add the name of the List you want to add the application and click on create
- Your new App will appear under Libraries, Lists, and other apps. Click the name to open and build a basic structure.
- Review and update the columns as per your requirements by clicking on the List and then on List Settings
- Click on OK to save the changes in the Category column. Ensure to review the Priority and Approval columns to your needs.
- Once you finish customizing the columns, click on New Item and then add the details for each issue.
How to build an issue-tracking list in SharePoint?
- Click on the Settings icon and then Site contents to website content page
- Then click on the Add on the app icon from this page
- Search for the issues in the search box and click on the issue tracking icon
- Provide an appropriate name to the List and click on the Hit button
- Your List of issue tracking is created
- Click on the list icon, and you get access to three views:
- All Issues: This contains all the issues with no filters
- Active Issues: It has the currently active issues in the issue tracking list
- My Issues: This List holds the issues that are assigned to the logged in users
What are the amazing features of SharePoint issue tracking?
Initially, in the SharePoint issue tracking app, you gain access to various columns that can be customized based on your business requirements. Let us look at some of the crucial elements of the App:
- Issue Owner: This allows you to track the person who assigned it and who will be responsible for resolving it.
- Due Date: This informs the time you have to resolve the issues
- Comments: It gives information related to the issue. This might be the results, strategies, troubleshooting, and more.
- Categorization: This will allow you to organize, summarize, view, group, and report the issues. It will help identify the common issues that pop up in the business and address them effectively.
- Customization: It gives you the freedom to make adjustments and changes in the issue tracking App according to your requirements to get perfect solutions.
What are the pros of using the SharePoint issue tracker?
- When you look for basic issue tracking solutions, this is a quicker method. It sends the update as soon as the issues arise in the projects.
- SharePoint trackerlist provides high-quality services. The users get the freedom to identify and address the issues to give a positive environment.
- The bug tracker ensures to boost productivity and efficiency in the business. It has a predefined issue tracking that can be assigned immediately to the users and instantly resolved.
How to use SharePoint for effective project management?
Let us look at the easiest method to handle projects in SharePoint:
1. Initiate the project
Starting the project with the right methods will help manage the tasks efficiently. Make sure to get the project approved, resourced, and sponsored.
2. Set the project
Plan the project by inserting tasks and maintaining a document repository for the project site. Keep your tasks and timelines updated.
3. Work on the project
Find the target and personalize the SharePoint dashboard as per your project requirements. Update the work using various reports to manage projects.
4. Track the progress
Make sure the projects run according to the targets and replan is required. Check and understand the status with the help of key reports.
5. End the project
The more you learn from the project, the more you might be successful for the business. Mark the tasks, complete issues, and update details in the documents.
The Final Note!
Handling the projects with SharePoint issue trackingis a need of the moment. SharePoint is the perfect collaborative tool to manage projects effectively. Multiple users can work on a single project and update the changes.
Project management is effortless as it provides seamless communication and collaboration. Get the industry experts to explore the best features of SharePoint and grow your business.